MediChamp Insurance Plan
Eager to champion your life by a smart decision? FTLife presents MediChamp Insurance Plan which provides top-notch medical services and comprehensive support, all under a one-stop global medical solution. This enables you to get cutting-edge medical care whether seeking treatment in Hong Kong or overseas. Simply make up your mind and apply for this Plan to live a champion life.
Up to 128 years old
Aged 15 days - 75 years
Your Financial Consultant
- Guaranteed renewal1,2
- Multiple options with flexibility to suit your needs
- Full benefit for hospitalisation and surgical expense
- Prime protection for serious illnesses
- New Parents Benefits
Guaranteed renewal 1, 2
MediChamp provides an overall lifetime limit of up to HKD140 million3. This Plan guarantees that your eligibility or renewal will not be affected by any claim you have made or any changes in your health condition, allowing you to renew your cover until 128 years of age1 for truly worry-free medical protection through life.
Multiple options with flexibility to suit your needs
MediChamp offers 3 choices of Area of Coverage in Asia and worldwide, along with 4 Annual Deductible options4. What’s more, you can opt for benefits to cover out-patient, dental5 and/ or maternity care6, providing you total healthcare solution.
Your protection needs may change at different life stages. You can enjoy the following benefits within 31 days before the Policy Anniversary that is on or immediately following your 50th , 55th , 60th or 65th birthday. There is no further evidence of insurability of the Insured is required7,8 regardless of your health condition, so you can obtain the protection you need with ease for retirement:
-option to change insurance plan at specified ages7
-option to reduce Annual Deductible (not applicable to the plan with 0 Annual Deductible Amount)8
-option to upgrade Area of Coverage at specified ages8
Full benefit for hospitalisation and surgical expense
MediChamp offers comprehensive medical protection. This Plan provides full coverage for the charges of room and board, daily doctor's visits, your miscellaneous hospital expenses during Confinement, Out-patient Surgical Expenses, etc ^. We will also reimburse the expenses for Pre / Post-Confinement / Surgery Out-patient consultation and medication as well as the Post-Confinement medical expenses in relation to Ancillary Treatment and rehabilitation.
Prime protection for serious illnesses
Cancer – It takes time for overseas quality drugs to be registered in Hong Kong. If the Insured is unfortunately diagnosed with cancer and required a drug which hasn’t been registered by the Department of Health in Hong Kong, MediChamp will pay up to HKD800,000 for Specifically Approved Personalised Drugs9 prescribed by the attending cancer specialist of the Insured and is recommended by a medical practitioner with special permission from the Department of Health in Hong Kong. This allows the Insured to gain access to advance drug for the most suitable treatment.
We will fully cover^ the expenses incurred by range of cancer treatments (including but not limited to chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiotherapy, targeted therapy, immunotherapy and proton therapy) and the actual charges of genetic profiling test for identifying the most appropriate treatment. Actual charges incurred for the consultation, laboratory test(s) and the diagnostic test(s) undertaken to monitor the Insured’s response and progress of the Insured’s recovery after completion of Active Treatment performed for a Cancer under the supervision of a Medical Practitioner are also fully covered^ in full in terms of monitoring up to 5 years after the completion of Active Treatment of cancer.
If the Insured is unfortunately diagnosed with cancer, this Plan will provide an allowance up to HKD5,000 for immediate family member10 to undergo DNA tests11 for peace of mind.
Stroke and heart attack – MediChamp offers additional rehabilitation benefit in the event of a stroke or heart attack, covering the expenses of chiropractic care, physiotherapy, speech therapy or other treatments prescribed by cardiologist. The benefit even covers home facility enhancement prescribed by occupational therapist so you can concentrate on recovery without financial worry.
^The benefit item shall be subject to the overall lifetime benefit limit, the Annual Limit, the Annual Deductible, etc. For details, please refer to the Benefit Schedule, the Supplementary Benefits Benefit Schedule and the Policy Document.
New Parents Benefits
Newborn Cash12 – A congratulatory HKD3,000 cash will be given to celebrate the birth of the Insured ‘s newborn baby.
Pregnancy Complications13 – the actual charges of treatment(s) and consultation(s) will be covered if the Insured is unfortunately diagnosed with the covered pregnancy complications.
ICU Daily Cash for Premature Newborn Child14– Cash benefit for Insured’s prematurely-born baby14’s stay in Intensive Care Unit (ICU) upon birth.
No Claim Annual Deductible Discount15,16
If no Living Benefit is paid or payable for 2 consecutive effective Policy Years, MediChamp offers a 10% of the Annual Deductible Discount in the following Policy Year. This discount applies to your plan’s original Annual Deductible Amount. You can enjoy this discount once every 2 Policy Years if the conditions mentioned above are met. This discount can be accumulated up to a maximum of 100% of the Annual Deductible Amount, which means the Annual Deductible Amount can be reduced to 0. If a Living Benefit is paid or payable for a Policy Year, the No Claim Annual Deductible Discount will be reset to 0% in next Policy Year.
No Claim Annual Deductible Discount will NOT be affected by benefit of the following items:
- Out-patient Surgical Expenses
- Hospital Cash
- Out-patient Surgery Cash
- Newborn Cash12
- ICU Daily Cash for Premature Newborn Child14
- Free Health Check-up Service17
Extended caring protection and professional medical assistance17,18
Free Health Check-up Service17
Regular health check-up can help discover hidden disease(s) at the early stage. In order to offer you comprehensive health protection, a free Health Check-up Service17 will be provided on the 3rd Policy Anniversary of this Plan and once every 3 Policy Years thereafter, which helps you learn about your health status.
Worldwide Emergency Assistance Services18
You can use our free 24-hour Worldwide Emergency Assistance Services regardless of where you may be. This includes all arrangements and claims for emergency medical evacuation or repatriation, as well as repatriation of remains and compassionate visits etc., providing you with support at any time.
e-ConNET Healthcare Service (Supreme)18
To address your medical needs besides the protection of MediChamp, e-ConNET Healthcare Service (Supreme)18 provides one-stop medical services, including:
-Cashless Arrangement Service
-Medical Referral Service
-Local Public-To-Private Hospital Transfer Service
-Second Medical Opinion Service
-Mainland China Escort Service and VIP Access
For details, terms and condition of e-ConNET Healthcare Service (Supreme), please refer to e-ConNET Healthcare Service (Supreme) flyer and service provision at our website or contact your Life Artisans.
- While this Plan is in force, subject to all of the terms and conditions of this Plan and provided that this Plan continues to be available for renewal and the requirements of remark 2 are met, we shall guarantee to renew MediChamp Insurance Plan (including Optional Supplementary Benefits) every year during the Coverage Period specified in At-a-Glance table. For avoidance of doubt, the Supplementary Out-patient Benefit, the Supplementary Dental Benefit and the Supplementary Maternity Benefit shall cease when MediChamp Insurance Plan is terminated.
- Should the Insured changes their country of residence or occupation or job duties, notification in writing should be sent to us no later than one month upon such change. If the Insured changes their country of residence, we reserve the right to adjust the premium on the Policy Anniversary immediately following the date of change of country of residence in accordance with the then prevailing premium rates as specified by us. If the Insured changes occupation or job duties: (1) for those which is/are then classified by us as non-insurable (you have the right to request such classification at any time), we reserve the right to terminate this Plan and return any unused premium on a pro-rata basis; or (2) for those which is/are then classified by us as having an occupation or job duties which is/are more hazardous than that/those of the Insured as stated in the application for this Policy or last communication to us, we reserve the right to adjust the premium based on the then prevailing premium rate as specified by us (you have the right to request such classification and the rules/basis of premium adjustment at any time) and charge the premium difference from the date on which the Insured changed his/her occupation or job duties.
- Not applicable to Plans with Area of Coverage in Asia.
- Only applicable to Plans with Area of Coverage Worldwide (excl. USA) and Asia.
- Supplementary Dental Benefit must be enrolled together with Supplementary Out-patient Benefit.
- Supplementary Maternity Benefit must be enrolled together with Supplementary Out-patient Benefit and Supplementary Dental Benefit.
- After this Plan has been in force for at least 3 years and subject to our then prevailing rules, you may apply to convert this Plan to a designated medical plan available and offered by us at that time at the Policy Anniversary that is on or immediately following Insured’s 50th, 55th, 60th or 65th birthday. You must make a written request to us in our prescribed form within 31 days before the relevant Policy Anniversary without providing further evidence of insurability of the Insured. Once we approve the written request, this Plan will be terminated automatically and cannot be reinstated. The amount of premium of the new designated medical plan will be determined based on the attained age of the Insured and the then prevailing premium rate as specified by us at the time of plan change. Please refer to Policy Provision for details.
- Subject to our then prevailing rules, you may apply for this option by making a written request to us in our prescribed form within 31 days before the Policy Anniversary that is on or immediately following Insured’s 50th, 55th, 60th or 65th birthday. No further evidence of insurability of the Insured is required but the amount of premium will be subject to change. It is allowed to exercise the option of reducing Annual Deductible (not applicable to the plan with 0 Annual Deductible Amount) and option to upgrade Area of Coverage at specified ages once respectively and is irrevocable once exercised. Option to upgrade Area of Coverage at specified ages is only applicable when this Plan has been in force for at least 3 years and the residency of the Insured is different from the Area of Coverage as specified in the Benefit Schedule in policy of this Plan at the time of application.
- Specifically Approved Personalised Drugs must be approved by and registered with the regulatory authority for pharmaceutical products in USA, Europe or Japan, and is not registered with the Department of Health in Hong Kong and is imported to Hong Kong from USA/Europe/Japan (as applicable) for treatment of the Insured’s Cancer under the Import Licence (Form 3) granted by Department of Health in Hong Kong. The Drugs must be a Medically Necessary for treatment of the Insured’s Cancer and is prescribed and clinically appropriate in compliance with the regulatory requirements in USA/Europe/Japan (as applicable) with respect to indications and dosages, frequency and duration as confirmed and documented by the attending cancer Specialist who is responsible for such Cancer treatment and the ongoing medical management of the Insured. Such Specialist must be a registered Medical Practitioner in Hong Kong. No benefit is payable unless you have obtained our authorization before application for the Import Licence (Form 3) is filed with the Department of Health in Hong Kong.
- Immediate family member refers to the legally married spouse or a child or parent of the Insured
- We will reimburse the actual charges up to and not exceeding the Reasonable and Customary Charges for the fee incurred for DNA test performed on an Immediate Family Member in relation to the Cancer suffered by the Insured, provided that the DNA test is performed within 1 year after the date of the Unequivocal Diagnosis of the Cancer of the Insured, subject to the Maximum Limit per person per Cancer of the Insured and the maximum number of Immediate Family Members specified in the Benefit Schedule.
- We will pay the Newborn Cash upon the birth of every child of the Insured provided that the date of birth must be after 12 months from the Policy Effective Date or the date of reinstatement (whichever is later).
- We will reimburse the actual charges up to and not exceeding the Reasonable and Customary Charges for the Insured’s Confinement and Medically Necessary surgical procedures in a Hospital as recommended in writing by the Insured’s attending Medical Practitioner due to covered pregnancy complications provided that the date of Unequivocal Diagnosis must be after 12 months from the Policy Effective Date or the date of reinstatement (whichever is later). Once this benefit is paid, all other Living Benefits as provided in the Benefit Schedule shall cease to be payable with respect to the same Confinement.
- If the Insured’s child is born before 32 weeks of gestation, is Confined in an ICU at birth, and the date of birth is after 12 months from the Policy Effective Date or the date of reinstatement (whichever is later), we will pay an ICU Daily Cash for Premature Newborn Child benefit for each day the child is Confined in the ICU up to the maximum number of calendar days as specified in the Benefit Schedule.
- Where you have 2 claims for Living Benefits in respect of charges incurred by or for the Insured on 2 different dates, if the latter claim is furnished to us ahead of the former one such that we have paid a Living Benefit for the latter claim by applying a No Claim Annual Deductible Discount which would not have been granted had the former claim been furnished to us first (“Illegitimate No Claim Annual Deductible Discount”), we will, before we pay any benefit for the former claim, deduct therefrom any excess amount of benefit which we have paid for the latter claim due to application of the Illegitimate No Claim Annual Deductible Discount. For avoidance of doubt, where the commencement and the end of a Confinement or Stay fall into 2 different Policy Years, the applicable Annual Deductible and Annual Limit for such Confinement or Stay shall be the Annual Deductible and Annual Limit of the Policy Year in which the date of commencement of Confinement or Stay falls, and this shall apply to the calculation of all Living Benefit claim.
- Except the Disability Subsidy benefit, Hospital Cash benefit, Out-patient Surgery Cash benefit, Newborn Cash benefit and ICU Daily Cash for Premature Newborn Child benefit, the amount of a Living Benefit is equal to the actual charges incurred by or for the Insured (up to and not exceeding the Reasonable and Customary Charges) less the higher of (i) the Annual Deductible (if any) and (ii) the actual amount reimbursed or recoverable under any law, medical programs or insurance policies provided by any governments, companies or other insurance providers, as evidenced by the certified copy of medical receipt(s) which is/ are satisfactory to us (“Compensation”). Where the above equation yields a negative figure, no Living Benefit shall be paid. Irrespective of whether a Living Benefit is payable, the Annual Deductible (if any) for the relevant Policy Year shall be reduced by deducting therefrom (i) the amount of Compensation (if any) and (ii) the difference between the amount of the actual charges incurred by or for the Insured and the Compensation (if any). In no event shall the Annual Deductible (if any) for the relevant Policy Year be reduced to lower than 0.
- “Free Health Check-up Service” are provided by third-party service providers designated by us and will be performed at medical clinics designated by us. We reserve the right to terminate or change the terms and conditions of the relevant services without prior notice and assumes no responsibility of the services provided by the third-party service providers. The scope of health checkup service of "Free Health Checkup Service" is determined by us at the time of providing the free health checkup service. “Free Health Check-up Service” means the Policy Owner does not need to pay any fees for the designated health check-up services provided by the Plan. If the Insured receives check-up services other than the designated services, he/she needs to pay for relevant fees.
- “e-ConNET Healthcare Service (Supreme)” and “Free Worldwide Emergency Assistance Services” is provided by third-party service providers and does not constitute part of this Plan. FTLife Insurance Company Limited reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of “e-ConNET Healthcare Service (Supreme)” and “Free Worldwide Emergency Assistance Services” without prior notice and assumes no responsibility of the services provided by the third-party service providers. These services do not require additional premium. For details of “e-ConNET Healthcare Service (Supreme)”, please refer to the flyer and service provisions of “e-ConNET Healthcare Service (Supreme)” on FTLife’s website or consult your financial consultant.
10Life, Insurance Comparison Platform
Medical Coverage (Semi-Private) received 10/10^
10Life, Insurance Comparison Platform
Medical Coverage (Private) received 10/10^
The above product summary is for reference only. For more details on the product, please refer to the policy terms and benefits.
If you are interested in this product, please contact your insurance consultant.