"TargetCare" Cancer Plan
"TargetCare" Cancer Plan provides comprehensive lifetime cancer protection and additional cancer care benefit with affordable premiums. The plan's top up benefit for Targeted Therapy provides additional benefit to lighten patients' financial burden, support them financially and help them cope with everyday and medical expenses. That way they can worry less about the treatments ahead.
Aged 15 days - 70 years old
You can buy this from
Your Financial Consultant
Up to a total benefit of HK$3.8 million^
Provides “Top Up Benefit for Targeted Therapy”3 up to HK$600,000 per Covered Cancer2
Reimbursement of medical expenses for various kinds of Covered Cancer4, plus an additional lump sum “Extra Major Cancer Cash Benefit”1 up to HK$200,000
“Additional Cancer Care Benefit”5 covers hospital cash, consultation for Chinese medical practitioner, dietician, psychological counseling and home nursing services
A comprehensive cancer benefit4 that covers Carcinoma-in-situ, Cancer, Major Cancer and recurrence of Cancer
Reimbursement & Additional Lump Sum Benefit
"TargetCare" Cancer Plan offers reimbursement on expenses related to cancer treatment up to Per Covered Cancer Limit of HK$ 1.2 million2 and Lifetime Cancer Limit6 of up to HK$3.6 million without restriction on number of cancer claim, granting patients a degree of peace of mind if cancer reoccurs. An additional "Extra Major Cancer Cash Benefit"1 of HK$200,000 will be offered by "TargetCare" Cancer Advance Plan to offload any financial burden, especially when the patient is required to take a long break while undergoing treatment.
Top Up Benefit for Targeted Therapy
Medical studies showed that targeted therapy significantly improves effectiveness of cancer treatments, but comes at a high price. “TargetCare” Cancer Plan provides an additional HK$600,000 benefit for targeted therapy treatments3, thereby opening up such quality treatments to the patient in hassle-free manner.
Additional Cancer Care Benefit
Cancer treatments vary nowadays, some require hospitalization and extra care treatment is inevitably needed. "TargetCare" Cancer Plan specially provides "Additional Cancer Care Benefit"5 and such benefit will be additionally paid out. Its extensive coverage includes daily hospital cash benefit, daily hospital cash benefit for Intensive Care Unit (ICU), medical consultation benefit for reimbursing consultation fees with Chinese medical practitioner and prescribed Chinese medicine, physiotherapist, psychologist, dietician and expenses incurred for home nursing services, as well as medical appliances benefit for the purchase or hire of medical appliances. It offers patients and their families with all-round care. Please refer to the "Benefit Schedule" for details.
A comprehensive cancer benefit for a Peace of Mind
"TargetCare" Cancer Plan's comprehensive benefit covers every stage of cancer including Carcinoma-in-situ, Cancer, Major Cancer and cancer recurrence2 . All expenses are covered by the Cancer Benefit including diagnostic consultation, cancer treatment or recovery care.
^Include Lifetime Cancer Limit6 of HK$3.6 million and "Extra Major Cancer Cash Benefit"1 of HK$200,000. "Extra Major Cancer Cash Benefit"1 is applicable to "TargetCare" Cancer Advance Plan only. "Additional Cancer Care Benefit"5 is excluded from the total benefit.
- "Extra Major Cancer Cash Benefit" refers to a lump sum cash benefit as set out which will be paid after the insured has been diagnosed as suffering from a Major Cancer and will be payable once (1) only, provided that the insured survives for at least thirty (30) days from the date of diagnosis of the Major Cancer. Such benefit is applicable in "TargetCare" Cancer Advance Plan (please refer to the Benefit Schedule for details), and it is excluded from the Per Covered Cancer Limit and Lifetime Cancer Limit. For details of definition of Major Cancer, please refer to the policy provisions.
- The Five-year Cancer-free Waiting Period must be met before applying another Per Covered Cancer Limit. The Five-year Cancer-free Waiting Period must be confirmed by the Medical Practitioner for the whole duration of the last sixty (60) months and supported by clinical, radiological, histological and laboratory evidence to confirm the cancer-free state. Cancer-free state means there is no sign or symptom of any malignant growth. The Five-year Cancer-free Waiting Period shall start on the date the disease is considered to be in remission, usually after completion of curative treatment, including but not limited to surgery, Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy. Measures to solely prevent recurrences or metastatic spread during the remission phase are not deemed curative treatment. For purposes of applying the Per Covered Cancer Limit, the Top Up Benefit for Targeted Therapy's maximum limit and the Additional Cancer Care Benefits' maximum limit, two (2) or more Covered Cancers suffered by the insured will be regarded as one and the same Covered Cancer (without any regard to each of the Covered Cancer's nature, character, extent, location, state or otherwise), and shall all be subject to the Per Covered Cancer Limit, the Top Up Benefit for Targeted Therapy's maximum limit and the Additional Cancer Care Benefits' maximum limit of the first diagnosed Covered Cancer, except where a subsequent Covered Cancer is diagnosed to be after the Five-year Cancer-free Waiting Period of the immediately preceding Covered Cancer.
- “Top Up Benefit for Targeted Therapy” is excluded from the Per Covered Cancer Limit and it is only applicable after the total reimbursement amount of items (i) – (v) under “Reimbursement Benefits” in the Benefit Schedule reaches the Per Covered Cancer Limit of HK$1,200,000/US$150,000. However, the top up benefit will be counted in the Lifetime Cancer Limit and the total reimbursement amount of items (i) – (vi) under “Reimbursement Benefits” in the Benefit Schedule cannot exceed the Lifetime Cancer Limit.
- Covered Cancer refers to Cancer and Carcinoma-in-situ. For details of definitions of Cancer and Carcinoma-in-situ, please refer to the policy provisions.
- "Additional Cancer Care Benefit" is calculated based on per Covered Cancer, and it is excluded from Per Covered Cancer Limit and Lifetime Cancer Limit. Both "Medical Consultation Benefit" and "Medical Appliances Benefit" will be offered on an actual reimbursement basis.
- Lifetime Cancer Limit has no restriction on number of cancer claim, but the reimbursement per Covered Cancer cannot exceed the Per Covered Cancer Limit.
- The above product information does not contain the full terms of the plan and the full terms can be found in the policy document.
- This plan may be purchased as a standalone plan without bundling with other type(s) of insurance product.
Download Product Introduction
The above product summary is for reference only. For more details on the product, please refer to the policy terms and benefits.
If you are interested in this product, please contact your insurance consultant.