"FlexiCare" Medical Insurance Plan
Facing illnesses, one would only wish to focus on recuperation without fretting over every medical expense. With that in mind, FTLife presents “FlexiCare” Medical Insurance Plan, integrating VHIS Basic Benefits with a range of well-considered enhanced benefits.
“FlexiCare” Medical Insurance Plan Certified Product No.: F00064-01-000-01/F00064-02-000-01/F00064-03-000-01/F00064-04-000-01
UP TO AGED 128
15 days to age 80
You can buy this from
Your Financial Consultant
Global applicability for all benefits1
Full coverage2 no itemised benefit sublimit
Addressing treatment expenses with ease and benefit limits per Disability3 Policy Year
Double Aggregate Limit for common major illnesses
Global coverage of inpatient and outpatient Chinese medical treatments
Global applicability for all benefits1
With global population mobility, a growing number of people move overseas for work, study or retirement and require medical insurance without geographical restriction. “FlexiCare” offers global medical insurance, under which FTLife fully covers2 the Eligible Expenses of multiple benefit items regardless of your location, coupled with no lifetime benefit limit to free you from concerns about immigration-induced loss of protection.
Full coverage2 with no itemised benefit sublimit
As medical bills tend to embody a myriad of items, the Plan imposes no itemised benefit sublimit under key Basic Benefit items to allow customers to focus on recuperation, with full coverage2 of Eligible Expenses, including:
- Charges for non-designated surgical procedures6
- Prescribed Non-surgical Cancer Treatments7, such as chemotherapy and targeted therapy
- Prescribed Diagnostic Imaging Tests8, 9 after deducting coinsurance, such as magnetic resonance imaging (“MRI” scan), positron emission tomography (“PET” scan) and computed tomography (“CT” scan).
Please refer to the Benefit Schedule for more fully covered items and their details.
Addressing treatment expenses with ease and benefit limits per Disability3 per Policy Year
"FlexiCare" imposes benefit limits per Disability3 per Policy Year. This reimbursement mechanism caters to customers' needs in a considerate way. Even if customers receive long-term treatment for the same Disability3 in different Policy Years or undergo multiple Confinements or outpatient treatments for different Disabilities3 in the same Policy Year, the Plan still fully supports customers with adequate protection.
Double Aggregate Limit for common major illnesses
We understand that major illnesses generally require long-term treatment. To allow patients to recuperate with peace of mind, the Plan provides a double Aggregate Limit for common major illnesses. In addition, the double Aggregate Limit offers tangible protection against uncertainties by covering any illness which has been declared as a Public Health Emergency of International Concern such as COVID-19, in view of swift social development and severe air pollution inducing more respiratory diseases and illnesses of unknown causes.
Aggregate Limit Per Disability3 Per Policy Year
Common major illnesses include:
Benefit Level 1 – HKD 1,200,000
Benefit Level 1 – HKD 600,000
Global coverage of inpatient and outpatient Chinese medical treatments
In recent years, our society has started to advocate combining Chinese and Western medicine for treatment, leading to a gradual rise in the need for Chinese medical treatments. “FlexiCare” provides global coverage of inpatient and outpatient Chinese medical treatments, presenting you with flexible options for the most suitable treatment. Whether you are in Hong Kong, Mainland China or overseas, you can select Chinese medicine for treatment or rehabilitation.
|Benefit Limit (HKD)
|• Chinese medical treatments and Chinese medicines received during Confinement / Day Case Procedures
• Attending Chinese Medical Practitioner visit fee during Confinement
|Post-Confinement/Day Case Procedure Chinese medical treatment
|• $900 per visit, maximum 1 visit / day
• Up to 10 follow-up outpatient visits per Confinement / Day Case Procedure (within 90 days after discharge from Hospital or completion of Day Case Procedure)@
@For the benefit limit on the maximum 10 follow-up outpatient visits per Confinement / Day Case Procedure shared by l) Basic Benefit items (k) pre- or post-Confinement / Day Case Procedure outpatient care, please refer to the Benefit Schedule for details.
Comprehensive coverage of psychiatric treatments
As urbanites generally face huge pressure in their life nowadays, we should not ignore mental health while maintaining physical health. “FlexiCare” provides a considerable sum of benefits for psychiatric treatments, i.e., up to HKD 250,000 per Disability3 per Policy Year. In addition, l) Basic Benefit items and (k) pre- and post-Confinement / Day Case Procedure outpatient care also cover psychiatric outpatient care, enabling customers to receive treatment with peace of mind and regain a joyful and healthy life!
Covering the Eligible Expenses of kidney dialysis and pregnancy complications
Except Chinese medical treatment, “FlexiCare” provides benefits for chronic diseases of public concern and Emergency Treatment during pregnancy, providing truly comprehensive medical insurance.
Fully covered 2
√ Outpatient kidney dialysis
√ Expenses for Confinement and surgeries of Pregnancy Complications
The below items are limited to coinsurance/benefit limit:
Covering Unknown Pre-existing Conditions from the 31st day after Policy Effective Date
“FlexiCare” covers unknown Pre-existing Conditions at the time of application. The Plan provides full reimbursement according to the benefit limits from the 31st day after the Policy Effective Date, which is superior to the requirements of VHIS standard plans and provides you with more peace of mind.
|VHIS Standard Plan under Government Requirement
|1st Policy Year
|Full reimbursement according to the benefit limit from the 31st day after the Policy Effective Date
|Full reimbursement according to the benefit limit
|25% reimbursement according to the benefit limit
|3rd Policy Year onwards
|50% reimbursement according to the benefit limit
|100% reimbursement according to the benefit limit
The above conditions also apply to congenital conditions manifested or Unequivocally Diagnosed after the Insured Person has attained age 8 or after. For details of “Pre-existing Conditions”, please refer to the section headed “Important Notice” – “Pre-existing Conditions” of Product Brochure.
Multiple Cash Allowances
For more relaxing and focused recuperation, the Plan offers multiple cash allowances as follows:
- Cash allowance for Designated Day Case Procedure10 (i.e., outpatient colonoscopy and gastroscopy)
- Cash benefit for room and board Confinement below entitled ward class in a private Hospital in Hong Kong
- Health tonic cash after organ donation
- Special cash allowance
Enhanced benefits for overseas accidental death and other benefits
In the unfortunate event of the Insured Person’s death, compassionate death benefit of up to HKD 30,000 will be paid. In the event of the Insured Person’s death overseas, the Plan will offer additional overseas accidental death benefit11 of up to HKD 200,000, boosting the support to the Insured Person’s family in post-mortem arrangements overseas. To encourage organ donation for a new lease of life to other patients, if the Major Organs of the Insured Person are lawfully donated for organ transplant after his/her death, we will provide additional death benefit of up to HKD 200,00012. Besides, if the Insured Person unfortunately dies or suffers from Total and Permanent Disablement due to medical negligence, we will pay medical negligence benefit13 of up to HKD 200,000.
Premium Discount14 and Tax Deduction4
Total discount rate of up to 20%
16% upfront no claim discount upon successful application
Unlike average medical plans on the market, "FlexiCare" features a 16% upfront no claim discount for First-Year Premium. You can enjoy this discount for every subsequent Policy Year until the policy anniversary after the first claim is made, whilst special cash allowance (if any) will not affect the no claim discount. You remain entitled to the 8% no claim discount for the Policy Year immediately after the first claim, and shall pay full premium for subsequent Policy Years. Until no claim is made for 3 consecutive Policy Years, then you are entitled to the 16% no claim discount again based on the above mechanism in the Policy Years immediately afterwards till the next claim, as a constant reward for you to stay healthy.
More discounts for family application
FTLife encourages you to not only care for yourself, but also purchase insurance for your family members to equip them with more comprehensive protection. If you hold more than one effective "FlexiCare" policies as the Policy Holder when renewing a "FlexiCare" policy (the "Policy"), so long as the Policy i) remains effective for 3 or more consecutive Policy Years before the relevant Renewal Date; and ii) entitles you to a 16% no claim discount on the above Renewal Date, regardless of the claim status or effective period of other policies, the Policy entitles you to up to 4% extra no claim discount14 and a total discount rate of up to 20% together with the original no claim discount.
|Number of "FlexiCare" Policies Held by the Policy Holder upon Policy Renewal
|Extra No claim Discount14
|Total Discount Rate upon Renewal of the Policy together with the Original 16% No claim Discount
Tax Deduction 4
If you apply for a VHIS plan for yourself and your family members, the qualifying premiums paid for the VHIS plan will be allowed for tax deduction each taxable year. Each Insured Person is entitled to a tax deductible limit of up to HKD 8,000 per taxable year, with no cap on the number of family members eligible for tax deduction. Therefore, you can prepare suitable medical protection for family members and enjoy more affordable premium through tax deduction.
|Annual Premium (HKD)
|Premium Allowance for Tax Deduction (HKD)
|Tax Saving Amount (HKD)
|x Marginal Tax Rate of 17%+
(+Assuming that the net taxable income reaches the designated level, and the tax saving amount is calculated by applying the highest tax rate of 17%)
Exclusive Value-added Services for FTLife Customers5
We offer a number of value-added services for our customers holding FTLife medical insurance, to cater to their needs whether they are in Hong Kong or overseas.
- e-ConNET Healthcare Service (Prestige)
To address your medical needs other than protection, this Service renders you with one-stop medical services. It's including:
- Cashless Arrangement Service
- Cancer Consultation Service
- Medical Referral Service
For details of e-ConNET Healthcare Service (Prestige) and terms and conditions, please refer to "e-ConNET Healthcare Service (Prestige)" flyer and service provision, or contact your financial consultant.
Free Worldwide Emergency Assistance Services
You will have access to free 24-hour worldwide emergency assistance services for immediate support wherever you may be. The maximum benefit (per incident) reaches up to USD 1,000,000, including services of emergency medical evacuation/repatriation and delivery of mortal remains.
- Except for psychiatric treatments and cash benefit for room and board Confinement below entitled ward class in a private Hospital in Hong Kong (if applicable), all benefits shall be applicable worldwide.
- Fully covered refers to no itemised benefit sublimit. The actual amount of Eligible Expenses and other expenses payable is subject to the Aggregate Limit per Disability per Policy Year.
- The applicable benefit limit of individual benefit item(s) which are specified to be payable on a "per Disability per Policy Year" basis in the Benefit Schedule (if any) and Aggregate Limit per Disability per Policy Year shall be counted anew for each Confinement or Day Case Procedure for the same Disability, provided that the Confinement or Day Case Procedure does not occur within 90 consecutive days following the Last Date (as defined in Section (a)(i)(3) of Part 4 of the Supplement to the VHIS Certified Plan) of the previous Confinement or Day Case Procedure concerning the same Disability.
- Where the Insured Person is Confined or receives any Day Case Procedures involving more than 1 Disability, all Disabilities involved in the same Confinement or Day Case Procedure would be subject to 1 applicable benefit limit of individual benefit item(s) (if any) and/or Aggregate Limit per Disability per Policy Year.
For details, please refer to Section (a) of Part 4 of the Supplement to the VHIS Certified Plan.
- Tax deduction is applicable to VHIS premiums paid by you or your domestic spouse as the Policy Holder for yourself / an eligible family member (who must be a Hong Kong resident in the year of assessment). Eligible family members include your spouse and children; and your and your spouse's parents, grandparents, maternal grandparents, and siblings. The insurance eligibility of family members is subject to the administrative regulations of the Company at that time. Eligible premiums paid for VHIS plans are tax deductible each year, subject to a cap of HKD 8,000 per Insured Person per year of assessment.
- e-ConNET Healthcare Service (Prestige) and "Free Worldwide Emergency Assistance Services" do not form part of the Plan and are provided by third party service providers. We reserve the right to change the terms and conditions of e-ConNET Healthcare Service (Prestige) and "Free Worldwide Emergency Assistance Service" and will not be liable for any services provided by third party service providers. No additional premium are charged for these services. For details of e-ConNET Healthcare Service (Prestige) and terms and conditions, please refer to “e-ConNET Healthcare Service (Prestige)” flyer and service provision, or contact your financial consultant.
- Designated surgical procedures refer to the following:
- curettage / cryotherapy / cauterization / laser treatment of lesion(s) of skin; and
- joint aspiration / injection.
- Treatments covered here only include radiotherapy, chemotherapy, targeted therapy, immunotherapy and hormonal therapy.
- FTLife shall have the right to ask for proof of recommendation, e.g. written referral or testifying statement on the claim form by the attending doctor or Registered Medical Practitioner.
- Tests covered here only include computed tomography ("CT" scan), magnetic resonance imaging ("MRI" scan), positron emission tomography ("PET" scan), PET-CT combined and PET-MRI combined.
- Designated Day Case Procedures refer to the following:
- oesophagogastroduodenoscopy ("OGD") +/- biopsy and/or polypectomy;
- OGD with removal of foreign body;
- colonoscopy +/- biopsy; and
- colonoscopy with polypectomy.
- Home country accidental death benefit and overseas accidental death benefit are additional benefits other than compassionate death benefit. For details, please refer to Sections (f) and (g) of Part 6 of the Supplement to the VHIS Certified Plan.
- This benefit serves as an additional benefit to compassionate death benefit and home country accidental death benefit or overseas accidental death benefit (if applicable); and is payable for once when a major organ of the Insured Person is legally donated and transplanted after death. “Major Organ” is limited to the kidney, liver, heart, lung, cornea, bone and skin of the Insured Person and/or the organs suitable for deceased organ donation published by the Department of Health of the HKSAR Government or by legitimate local agencies. Please refer to Section (h) of Part 6 of the Supplement to the VHIS Certified Plan for details.
- In addition to the benefits payable under I) Basic Benefits, II) Enhanced Benefits and III) Other Benefits, if the Insured Person dies or suffers from Total and Permanent Disablement resulting directly from a consequence of any reported and verified erroneous or negligent action, omission or failure to observe Reasonable and Customary standards by a health care professional of a Hospital during the course of any medical procedure or treatment in a Hospital, and a public admission of such negligence and liability is made by the relevant authority, the Company will pay the medical negligence benefit.
- The extra no claim discount amount is calculated based on the Renewal premium before deducting the no claim discount. If a claim for a previous Policy Year (excluding death benefit and special cash benefit) is paid after the no claim discount and the extra no claim discount are paid, FTLife will re-assess whether the Policy Year is eligible for the no claim discount and the extra no claim discount. All no claim discounts provided since the Policy Year will be recalculated, and FTLife will clawback the difference between the recalculated no claim discount and the no claim discount already provided for the Renewal premium payable. When the no claim discount for any Policy Year is no longer equivalent to 16% after recalculation, the Renewal premium payable in that Policy Year will not be entitled to the extra no claim discount, and the amount of the extra no claim discount already accessed within the Policy Year will be clawed back.
- The above product information does not contain the full terms of the plan and the full terms can be found in the policy document.
- This plan may be purchased as a standalone plan without bundling with other type(s) of insurance product.
Download Product Introduction
The above product summary is for reference only. For more details on the product, please refer to the policy terms and benefits.
If you are interested in this product, please contact your insurance consultant.