- The investment-linked assurance schemes (the "Schemes") are insurance policies issued by FTLife Insurance Company Limited ("FTLife") with benefits linked to the performance of investment choices selected by you. Your investments are subject to FTLife's credit risk.
- The premiums you pay towards your insurance policy will become part of the assets of FTLife. You do not have any rights or ownership over any of those assets. Your recourse is against FTLife only.
- Returns payable under the Schemes will be determined by FTLife with reference to the performance of the underlying funds as referred to in the relevant principal brochure which corresponds to the investment choices selected by you. Performance of the investment choices under the Schemes may be lower than the performance of the corresponding SFC authorized funds due to various charges levied by FTLife.
- The investment choices available under the Schemes can have very different features and risk profiles. Some may be of high risk. Please refer the relevant principal brochures and the offering documents of the underlying funds for details.
- The Schemes are designed to be held for a medium / long term period. Early surrender or withdrawal of the policy, suspension of or reduction in premium (if applicable) may result in a significant loss of principal and / or bonuses awarded. Poor performance of underlying funds may further magnify your investment losses, while all charges are still deductible.
- For schemes whereas premium holiday can be taken, with no premium contribution during premium holiday, your account value may be significantly reduced due to fees and charges, which are still deductible during premium holiday, and your entitlement to bonuses may also be affected.
- Please note the following relating to insurance coverage and the insurance charge of SMILE Investment Life Insurance Plan:
- The insurance charges may increase significantly during the term of your policy due to factors such as age, gender, smoking status, health condition, investment return / loss of your investment choices, etc. This may result in significant or even total loss of your premium paid.
- The insurance charges will reduce the amount of your premium that is applied to investment.
- If your policy value becomes insufficient to cover the policy and insurance charges, your policy may be terminated early and you could lose your investment and all benefits.
- You should consult your consultant for details, such as how the charges may increase and could impact your investment.
- You should not purchase the Schemes unless you understand them and it has been explained to you how they are suitable for you. The final decision is yours.
- Please do not rely on the information in this websites alone. You are recommended to read the principal brochures before you apply for the Schemes. For details of the underlying funds, please refer to the relevant offering documents.
Investment involves risks and the values of investments may go up as well as down. Investment returns are not guaranteed. Past Performance is not indicative of future performance.
Issuer: FTLife Insurance Company Limited
Please click the "ACCEPT" button below if you have read and understood this page, otherwise click "CANCEL" to leave the website.