UP TO 128 YEARS OLD OF THE INITIAL INSUREDIssue age
AGED 15 DAYS - 70 YEARSYou can buy this from
YOUR FINANCIAL CONSULTANT
”MediSave” provides all-round medical protection including hospitalization and surgical treatments until age 128. It reimburses the cost of chiropractic treatment and physiotherapy after a hospital stay, and post-surgery home nursing as well (please refer to the benefit table for details). It also provides the insured with daily cash benefit when staying on a Hong Kong government hospital public ward1.
The guaranteed cash value of your policy will grow over the years until it reaches 100% sum insured2. And a terminal dividend3 will be paid in the event of the insured’s death, or when total medical benefits paid reaches 100% of sum insured2 plus extra medical benefits (if any), or on surrender of the policy, or at maturity. The arrangement provides comprehensive medical coverage while helping you grow wealth.
Medical costs are unpredictable, so the plan’s inflation protector option raises the sum insured every year4, and the item limit of medical benefit coverage will be increased accordingly to help you hedge against the inflation of medical expenses. This is particularly helpful in terms of covering unexpected medical expenses after retirement, when no longer covered by some kind of group medical insurance protection.
Four premium payment periods – 15, 20, 25 and 30 years – are available to suit your financial standing5. And premium prepayment options of 1, 5, or 8 years are applicable to policies based on a 15-year premium payment period6. Prepaid premiums is accrued with interest, thereby securing protection for you at lower cost.
Health Bonus: This encourages you to stay healthy. You will be rewarded with a Health Bonus equals to 3% of your sum insured2 for every three years as extra medical benefit, if no medical benefit claim is made during the three-year period (without cap).
Family Bonus: Enrol with family members and every insured person will get extra medical benefit of up to 20% of your sum insured2 at the end of the second policy year.
Size discount for whole premium payment period7: The plan provides size discount for the entire premium payment period of your choice, allowing sufficient protection at a lower premium.
The plan provides 24-hour worldwide emergency assistance free of charge, so you can get immediate support wherever you may be.
You may opt for “MediSave” Major Medical Rider that can cover the designated medical expenses in excess of the benefit payable under the basic plan. It even covered the Pre/Post-Hospitalization and Pre/Post-Surgery Out-patient Consultation. You can get even higher cover at ease (please refer to the at-a-glance table and benefit table for details).
- The Insured must be confined in a public ward of a Hong Kong government hospital for medically necessary treatment of one or more illnesses or injuries provided that the charges incurred during the confinement is not higher than the public charges for eligible persons prescribed by the Hospital Authority of Hong Kong from time to time. As published at the website of the Hospital Authority of Hong Kong in July 2017, the eligible persons include holders of a valid Hong Kong Identity Card and children who are Hong Kong residents and under 11 years of age.
- The sum insured includes the base sum insured plus the additional sum insured after inflation protector option (if any). Extra Medical Benefits are the protection in Family Bonus account and Health Bonus account (if any).
- Terminal dividend is not guaranteed and will be payable after this policy has been in force for a minimum number of policy years. It is at the sole discretion of the Company as to the amount of terminal dividend and whether such dividend should be issued. FTLife will consider the total amount of living benefits paid or payable (if any) and the amount that exceeds the guaranteed cash value of the policy before determining the amount of the terminal dividend. Newly announced terminal dividend are influenced by a number of factors, including but not limited to investment returns and market fluctuations, and the amount may be higher or lower than the amount previously announced.
- The sum insured and plan units will increase automatically on every policy anniversary during the indexation period. Premium and the maximum benefit limit in part A of the benefit table will be adjusted accordingly. The policyowner may request cancellation of such right. This inflation protector option will expire if the increased premiums are not settled in full for two consecutive policy years. The right cannot be reinstated once cancelled or expired. The incremental rate of the sum insured for each premium payment period is listed in the product brochure.
- Premium rates are not guaranteed. We reserve the right to review and adjust the plan’s premium rate during the premium payment period. For details, please refer to the “Key Product Risks ii. Premium Adjustment” section.
- Premium prepayment options are applicable only to policies with a premium payment period of 15 years and annual premium payment mode. The prepaid premium will be credited to your premium deposit account and accumulate at the prevailing interest rate (the current interest rate offered is 2% per annum, but not guaranteed). Early withdrawal of prepaid premium and respective interest in the premium deposit account is not allowed. If the sum in the premium deposit account is not sufficient to pay the premium due to adjustments in interest rate, the policyowner should pay the relevant difference in the premium. Otherwise, the policy will be terminated or subject to an automatic premium loan. In the event of the insured’s death, the balance of the premium deposit account (if any) will be paid to the policyowner at no charge.
- Please refers to Product Brochure for the details of the size discount.
- The above product information does not contain the full terms of the plan and the full terms can be found in the policy document.
- This plan may be purchased as a standalone plan without bundling with other type(s) of insurance product.
The above product summary is for reference only. Please refer to the policy provision for the terms and conditions.
If you are interested in this product, please contact your insurance consultant.