20 yearsIssue age
15 days to age 60You can buy this from
YOUR FINANCIAL CONSULTANT
If the insured is unequivocally diagnosed with the following designated critical illnesses during the policy term, we will make a lump-sum payment equivalent to 100% of the sum insured to the owner1, provided that the insured remains alive.
Designated Critical Illnesses:
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Aplastic Anaemia
- Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease
- End Stage Lung Disease
- Severe Bacterial Meningitis
- Severe Emphysema
- Severe Head Trauma
- Severe Heart Attack
If the insured falls ill or sustains an injury and needs the following treatment or service3within 365 days after such accident or unequivocal diagnosis, we will reimburse medical expenses3 of up to USD 640 per policy year based on the amounts listed in the tables below.
Accidental Medical Expenses Benefit4
Expenses shall be covered in relation to medical or surgical treatment by medical practitioners, confinement, post-confinement nursing service5, dental care or surgery6 Chinese medicine treatment7 (i.e. Chinese herbalist consultation or treatment, Chinese bone-setting or acupuncture), physiotherapy7 and chiropractic treatment7 received by the insured as a result of injury.
Work Leisure Benefit4
Apart from covering the expenses for physiotherapy or chiropractic treatment (only applicable to the insured aged between 18 and 65 since his/her last birthday) received as a result of a work related injury or unequivocal diagnosis, we also cover the confinement or outpatient medical expenses on psychiatric treatment8 due to illnesses or injuries.
|Wellness Benefit (Accidental Medical Expenses Benefit 4and Work Leisure Benefit 4)
(per policy year)
|Plan Level 1||Plan Level 2|
|USD 320||USD 640|
If the insured is unequivocally diagnosed with an illness or sustains an injury caused by an accident during the policy term which requires medically necessary confinement that is deemed reasonable and customary, we will pay a daily hospital income of up to USD 100 based on the amounts listed in the table below.
|Daily Hospital Income Benefit (daily and for a maximum of 30 days per policy year)|
|Plan Level 1||Plan Level 1|
|USD 50||USD 100|
Accidental Death Benefit
If the insured dies from an accidental injury within 180 days from the date of such accident, we will make a lump-sum payment of 100% of the sum insured to the beneficiary in addition to the Death Benefit.
Accidental Dismemberment Benefit2
If an accident leads the insured to dismemberment and/or loss of designated body part(s) and/or the function of designated body part(s) within 180 days from the date of the accident, we will make a lump-sum payment of up to 100% of the sum insured9 according to the percentages listed in the Benefit Table of Accidental Dismemberment Benefit.
Major Burn Benefit 2
If the insured sustains an accidental major burn10 during the policy term, we will make a lump-sum payment of up to 100% of the sum insured according to the percentages listed in the Benefit Table of Major Burn Benefit.
Total and Permanent Disablement Benefit 2,11 (only applicable to the insured aged between 18 and 65 (age on last birthday))
If the insured is unequivocally diagnosed with total and permanent disablement due to an accidental injury within 180 days from the date of such accident, and for at least 6 consecutive months the insured is unable to engage in any work which provides any remuneration or profit for which the insured is reasonably fitted by his/her knowledge, training or experience, we will pay up to 100% of the sum insured according to the percentages listed in the table below.
|From the Date of Unequivocal Diagnosis of Total and Permanent Disablement||Percentage of the Sum Insured|
|The First 6 months||Not applicable|
|The 7th to 30th month (24 months in total)||2% per month
(i.e., 24 months : 2% x 24 months = 48%)
|Up to 100% of the sum insured in total|
|The 31st month||52%
(in lump-sum payment)
In the event that the insured sustains an accidental injury while riding as a fare-paying passenger on licensed public transportation (land, marine, air) or cruise, we will pay double indemnity as follows:
|Accidental Dismemberment Benefit or
Major Burn Benefit or
Total and Permanent Disablement Benefit
|Up to additional 100% of the sum insured|
|Daily Hospital Income Benefit||Daily Hospital Income will be doubled
(maximum 30 days per policy year)
(Accidental Medical Expenses Benefit and Work Leisure Benefit)
|The maximum benefit amount* for such accident or illness will be doubled
(based on the cap of each policy year)
* The maximum benefit amount per Chinese medicine treatment (i.e. Chinese herbalist consultation or treatment, Chinese bone-setting or acupuncture) remains the same.
The Plan provides i) guaranteed cash value and ii) non-guaranteed special bonus. Upon full surrender or plan maturity, we may pay 120% of the Total Premiums Paid1 based on the percentages listed in the tables below.
Guaranteed Cash Value
|Policy Year||Equivalent Percentage of Total Premiums Paid 12|
|16st-20th (before the Plan End Date)||50%|
|Plan End Date||80%|
Non-guaranteed Special Bonus* (for reference only)
|Policy Year||Projected Percentage of Total Premiums Paid 12|
|Plan End Date||40%|
* Such figures are calculated based on the current assumed investment returns by the Company and are for reference only. Please note that the actual distribution of non-guaranteed special bonus may be higher/lower than or equal to the percentages of the Total Premiums Paid listed in the above table or even zero. For details of non-guaranteed special bonus, please refer to the “Key Product Risks” section and “Dividend / Bonus Philosophy” section. Upon issuance of the policy, you can refer to the in-force illustrations issued by us periodically to understand the amounts of non-guaranteed special bonus (if any) calculated based on the assumed investment returns at that time by the Company.
The owner is entitled to Convertibility Privilege13, provided that there is no claims paid or payable under the Plan (excluding Double Indemnity Benefit, Wellness Benefit and Daily Hospital Income Benefit), starting from the 12th policy anniversary and subject to the then prevailing rules of the Company. The sum insured under the Plan can be converted into a designated whole life or whole life with critical illness protection insurance plan for an amount up to 100% of the sum insured on the date of conversion, without submitting further evidence of insurability of the insured.
Unlike the majority of the critical illness protection products in the market, ComboPro Insurance Plan features easy and efficient application procedures as applicants only need to answer a few simple underwriting questions with no physical check-up, subject to the then prevailing rules of the Company. This enables you to access benefits under different circumstances in life.
- Subject to deducting the aggregate amount of claims paid or payable (excluding Double Indemnity Benefit).
- When the aggregate amount of claims paid or payable reaches 100% of the sum insured (excluding Double Indemnity Benefit and Accidental Death Benefit), the Plan shall be automatically terminated. If the insured suffers from more than one loss under the Accidental Dismemberment Benefit, Critical Illness Benefit, Major Burn Benefit and Total and Permanent Disablement Benefit as a result of any injury arising from the same accident, we will only pay for the corresponding benefit with the largest benefit amount (or if the loss items are of an equal benefit amount, only one benefit). For each accident, we will pay for only one of the above benefits and no more than once.
- All relevant medical expenses must comply with the principles of “Medically Necessary” and “Reasonable and Customary”. For more details of “Medically Necessary” and “Reasonable and Customary”, please refer to the “Eligible Medical Benefit Expenses” section under “Disclosure of Important Information” and the policy provisions.
- This benefit shall not cover any expenses which can be compensated or reimbursed under any government laws or under any other insurance policies.
- Once the in-patient surgical expenses for the same injury is payable under the Accidental Medical Expenses Benefit, such nursing services shall be prescribed and certified by the attending Medical Practitioner as part of the insured’s rehabilitation treatment, and rendered by a licensed nurse at the insured’s home within 31 days after the end of the insured’s confinement.
- Excluding the replacement of natural teeth or installation, removal or replacement of denture or prosthesis or any related expenses.
- Up to one Chinese medicine treatment (Chinese herbalist consultation or treatment, Chinese bone-setting or acupuncture), physiotherapy and chiropractic treatment per day. Claims for Chinese Medicine Treatment (Chinese herbalist consultation or treatment, Chinese bone-setting or acupuncture) are capped at USD 37.5 per visit.
- Psychiatric treatment which includes confinement in a mental or psychiatric hospital, or the mental or psychiatric unit or department of a hospital or out-patient medical treatment for treating an illness in the nature of a mental, behavioural, psychiatric or psychological disorder which causes suffering to the insured, provided that any treatment given by a psychologist must be referred in writing by a psychiatrist.
- If the insured’s injury is not specified in the “Benefit Table of Accidental Dismemberment Benefit”, we have absolute discretion to determine the percentage of claims.
- Major Burn Benefit covers second degree burn in which both the epidermis and the underlying dermis are damaged; or third degree burn where there is damage or destruction of the skin to its full depth and damage to the tissues beneath, as a result of an accident.
- The benefit shall cease immediately when the insured no longer suffers from Total and Permanent Disablement, or becomes able to resume work or upon the death of the insured, whichever is the earliest.
- Subject to the prevailing rules of the Company and all applicable laws and regulations, you may, while this Plan is in force, give us a written notice to partially surrender this Plan with a lower sum insured. Once the partial surrender is approved, the sum insured, guaranteed cash value (if any) and non-guaranteed special bonus (if any) under this Plan will be reduced. Any guaranteed cash value (if any) and non-guaranteed special bonus (if any) which may be receivable in the future after partial surrender will be proportionately reduced based on the reduced sum insured.
- The sum insured of the new policy can only be equivalent to or lower than that of the Plan on its approval date, with the premium of the new policy to be determined based on the age of the insured on the approval date and the premium rates of the Company, on which we have absolute discretion to decide. Once Convertibility Privilege is exercised, the corresponding guaranteed cash value (if any) and non-guaranteed special bonus (if any) will be paid and this Plan will be automatically terminated. Please refer to the policy provisions for more details of “Convertibility Privilege”.
- The above product information does not contain the full terms of the plan and the full terms can be found in the policy document.
- This plan may be purchased as a standalone plan without bundling with other type(s) of insurance product.
The above product summary is for reference only. For more details on the product, please refer to the policy terms and benefits.
If you are interested in this product, please contact your insurance consultant.